1. OUR BROKENNESS IS NOT A LID BUT A LAUNCHING PAD!
"You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise." (Psalm 51:16-17 NIV)
Brokenness places us in a genuine posture of worship!
Brokenness allows us to testify to the goodness of God!
2. GOD WILL STRETCH YOU BEFORE HE LAUNCHES YOU!
"When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, 'Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.'" (Luke 5:4 NKJV)
3. GOD IS PREPARING YOU FOR WHAT HE PREPARED FOR YOU!
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
Share a time of brokenness to which you were able to testify to the goodness of God.
How far are you willing to allow God to stretch you? And is He currently stretching you?
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?" (Psalm 27:1 NKJV)
1. HOPE IS YOURS TO CLAIM!!
"And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
(John 1:5 NKJV)
"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;"
(1 Peter 2:9 NKJV)
2. HOPE THRIVES IN THE 'BUTIFNOT' MOMENTS OF LIFE!!
“But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.” (Daniel 3:18 NKJV)
Victory Group Questions
1. How are you doing? How is your faith during this season? Share and pray for one another.
2. Have you ever been called to be the Light in a dark situation? Or, has someone stepped in to be the Light in your dark situation? What happened?
3. Are you spiritually prepared for the 'But If Not' moments in your life? If not, how will you str...
“We love, because He first loved us.” (1 John 4:19 NASB)
LESSONS FROM THE DESERT
WHO ARE YOU BECOMING?
"I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life," (Deuteronomy 30:19 NKJV)
1. LOVE DRIVES DEVELOPMENT
"Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins." (Proverbs 10:12 NKJV)
2. RESORT TO LOVE THE UNLOVABLE
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven;”
"...there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me..." (2 Corinthians 12:17 NASB)
1. ALLOW ADVERSITY TO PUSH YOU TO THE PLACE OF GRACE.
"...Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees..." (2 Corinthians 12:7-10 Message Bible)
2. IT'S OKAY TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR WEAKNESS
"And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." (2 Corinthians 12:9 NASB)
"Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10 NASB)
3. PRAY A SIMPLE PRAYER: "LORD, YOU TAKE OVER! AMEN."
"...I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become." (2 Corinthians 12:10 Message Bible)
RECEIVING GOD'S GRACE LEADS YOU TO GIVE GOD THE GLORY HE...
"As Jesus was saying this, the leader of a synagogue came and knelt before him. 'My daughter has just died,' he said, 'but you can bring her back to life again if you just come and lay your hand on her.'"
(Matthew 5:18 NLT)
"When Jesus arrived at the official's home, he saw the noisy crowd and heard the funeral music. 'Get out!' he told them. 'The girl isn't dead; she's only asleep.' But the crowd laughed at him. After the crowd was put outside, however, Jesus went in and took the girl by the hand, and she stood up!"
(Matthew 9:23-25 NLT)
1. BELIEVE AGAIN!!
2. SILENCE THE CROWD!!
3. TAKE BACK 2020!!
Life Group Questions
1. Have you viewed the year of 2020 as a complete lost? If so, why? And if this message has changed your view, how so?
2. How much of an influence does the Media play in your life? How do you plan to Silence the Crowd?
3. Now that 2020 has experienced its Jumpstart the question is, "How then shall we live?". How will you make the most of the remaining 5 1/...
"What the chewing locust left, the swarming locust has eaten; What the swarming locust left, the crawling locust has eaten; And what the crawling locust left, the consuming locust has eaten." (Joel 1:4 NKJV)
2. WIN THE FIGHT OVER FATIGUE BY:
REMOVE, REST, & RESET
"Then He came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man to Him, and begged Him to touch him. So He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town." (Mark 8:22-23 NKJV)
"let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us," (Hebrews 12:1 NKJV)
Life Group Questions
1. Discuss how "bad form" and "bad vocabulary" can be symptoms of physical, emotional, and spiritual fatigue
2. How does Joel 1:4 compare with what we are experiencing today?
3. How does "removing yourself" and "removing what's on you" help with the fight against fatigue?
"...He has also set eternity in their heart..." (Ecclesiastes 3:11 NASB)
WHEN YOUR INTERNALSTRUTS ARE BAD EVERYROAD BECOMES PROBLEMATIC
"..greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world." (1 John 4:4 NASB)
2. OPPORTUNITY'SROAD MIGHT BE ROUGH BUT YOU CAN MAKEYOURJOURNEY SMOOTHER
"Make the road smooth and straight! Every ditch will be filled in, every bump smoothed out, the detours straightened out, all the ruts paved over..." (Luke 3:4-6 Message)
3. YOU'RE EQUIPPED AND EMPOWERED TO TAKE THE ROAD LESSTRAVELED
"...'The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed and be raised up on the third day. And he was saying to them all, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me." (Luke 9:22-23 NASB)
"Who will listen when you talk like this? We share and share alike - those who got to battle and those who guard the equipment." (1 Samuel 30:24 NLT)
1. AN UNGUARDED HOME IS AN INVITATION FOR TROUBLE!!
"I will camp around My house because of the army, because of him who passes by and him who returns. No more shall an oppressor pass through them. For now I have seen with My eyes." (Zechariah 9:8 NKJV)
"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." (Ephesians 6:11 NKJV)
2. ENGAGEMENT IS THE CURE TO STAGNANT FAITH!!
"Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season..." (2 Timothy 4:2 NKJV)
3. PROVIDE STABILITY TO A SHAKEN HOME BY INVITING JESUS BACK IN!!
"When there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily. But wise and knowledgeable leaders bring stability." (Proverbs 28:2 NLT)
"But they said to her, 'There is no one among your relatives who is called by this name." (Luke 1:61 NKJV)
"Then the Scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. (John 8:3-4 NKJV)
Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. but what do You say?" (John 8:5 NKJV)
So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first." (John 8:7 NKJV)
When JESUS had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, "Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?" She said, "No one, Lord." And JESUS said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more." (John 8:10-11 NKJV)
1. RECONCILIATION HAPPENS WEH MERCY TRIUMPHS OVER RIGHTS
"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV)
2. HEAL THE BROKENNESS OF SELF BY BEING RECONCILED TO...
“…‘Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.’” (Luke 23:34 NASB)
2. NEW HOPE COMES OUT OF A CROSSED HEART
“For out of the heart proceeds evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornication, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.” (Matthew 15:19 NKJ)
“Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.” (Psalm 139:23-24 NASB)
3. NEW HOPE HAPPENS WHEN HAVING THE RIGHT POSTURE OF HEART AT THE CROSS
“…I urge you to live life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4:1-3 NIV)
4. EXPERIENCE NEW HOPE WHEN WE LEARN AND CHANGE FOR GOOD
“…‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The sec...