RE-SHARPEN YOUR HEARING
Re-Sharpen Your Hearing NOT DEAF, JUST DULL OF HEARING Concerning him (Melchizedek) we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
(Hebrews 5:9-11 NASB) For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
(Hebrews 5:12 NASB) How to Re-sharpen Your Hearing: 1. EXPECT SHARPENERS TO RE-ENTER YOUR LIFE Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
(Proverbs 27:17 NASB) 2. STAY SHARP BY PRACTICING DAILY THE BASICS The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
(Philippians 4:9 NASB) • E: ENCORE THE GOOD
• A: AVOID THE BAD
• R: REST IN BETWEEN 3. GET SHARPER BY LIVING AND TEACHING IT NOW If the axe is dull and he does not sharpen its edge, then he must exert more strength.
(Ecclesiastes 10:10 NASB) Life Group Questions
1. How does “dull of hearing” affect your life practically and spiritually?
2. Have you had “sharpeners” enter your life? What did you learn from that experience?
3. What basics do you need to practice more (Encore the Good, Avoid the Bad, or Rest in Between)?
4. We all know something about God. To get sharper, what can you teach someone now?