RESTORING YOUR JOY
RESTORE RESTORING YOUR JOY JOY IS FOUND IN A PERSON, NOT IN A PLACE Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and sustain me with a willing spirit. (Psalm 51:12 NASB) 1. PURSUE JOY FOR YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” (Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV) 2. IDENTIFY JOY STEALERS & IMPLEMENT JOY FILLERS: C.O.W. • COMPLAINTS > COMPLIMENTS (Ephesians 4:29 NKJV)
• OBSTACLES > OPPORTUNITIES (Ephesians 5:16 NIV)
• WORRY > WORSHIP (1 Peter 5:7 NIV) Those that sow in tears shall reap in joy. (Psalm 126:5 NKJV) 3. LEARN TO LAUGH AT YOURSELF, BUT MORE SO AT OTHERS A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones. (Proverbs 17:22 NKJV) Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven. (Luke 10:20 NKJV) Life Group Questions
1. Discuss what “JOY IS FOUND IN A PERSON, NOT A PLACE” means to you.
2. What are some JOY stealers you’ve personally encountered, and how were you able to restore JOY?
3. What’s the heart behind learning to laugh at yourself? What’s the heart behind learning to laugh more so at others?
4. How would you be different from what you’ve learned today?