TRAINING BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD
MAKING LIFE WONDERFUL
TRAINING BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD CHOOSE TO BE TRAINED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD, NOT BY CIRCUMSTANCES A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher. (Luke 6:40 NKJV) A few mentions on how the Holy Spirit trains us: 1. THE SPIRIT OF GOD TRAINS OUR EYES TO SEE WHAT THE FATHER SEES He who diligently seeks good seeks favor, but he who seeks evil, evil will come to him. (Proverbs 11:27 NASB) 2. THE SPIRIT OF GOD ADJUSTS OUR ATTITUDE FROM GROSS TO GRACE But he answered and said to his father, “Look! For so many years I have been serving you and I have never neglected a command of yours; and yet you have never given me a young goat, so that I might celebrate with my friends; but when this son of yours came, who has devoured your wealth with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him.” (Luke 15:29-30 NASB) And he said to him, “Son, you have always been with me, and all that is mine is yours. But we had to celebrate and rejoice, for this brother of yours was dead and has begun to live, and was lost and has been found.” (Luke 15:31-32 NASB) 3. THE SPIRIT OF GOD TRAINS US TO BE GRATEFUL FOR OTHERS: G.O.A.T We give thanks to God always for all of you, making mention of you in our prayers; (1 Thessalonians 1:2 NASB) • G: GIVE OTHERS COMPLIMENTS
• O: OFFER THEM IMPARTIAL SUPPORT
• A: APPLAUD THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS
• T: THANK THOSE THAT CHALLENGE YOU Life Group Questions
1. Based on Luke 6:40, what is expected when we’re being trained by our Teacher, the Holy Spirit?
2. How does having our eyes trained by the Holy Spirit lead to a wonderful life?
3. Why is an attitude adjustment from gross to grace a key ingredient to a wonderful life?
4. Review the G.O.A.T. items. Which one would you work towards applying immediately?