OUT OF THIS WORLD COMFORT
Sunday, November 18, 2018 Message By: Pastor Bam Lauvao Series: Welcome Holy Spirit! “Out Of This World Comfort" Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all
comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NKJV) GOD DESIRES TO COMFORT IN THE MIDST OF CHAOS Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not
your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27 NKJV) How does the Holy Spirit Comfort?
1. THE HOLY SPIRIT COMFORTS BY SIMPLY “BEING THERE”
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;
but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will
come to you. (John 14:17-18 NKJV) 2. THE HOLY SPIRIT COMFORTS BY BRINGING UNDERSTANDING
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to
him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:14 NKJV)
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all
comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in
any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NKJV) 3. COMFORT OTHERS WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT’S COMFORT BY: SPEAKING GOD’S WORDS SPOTTING THE BURDEN SPENDING 30 SECONDS MORE Life Group Discussion:
1. Why is it critical that comfort cannot be solely based in the peace of other people or
2. How is the Holy Spirit’s Presence a more than enough assurance of comfort in chaos?
3. Has the Holy Spirit revealed an understanding in situations where you had once
questioned God? How has this understanding comforted you?
4. Per Point #3, when comforting others, which action step had the most impact on you?