Wednesday, September 13
& Sunday, September 17, 2017
Message By: Pastor Kent Miyoshi
Series: Baggage and Burdens
"Bearing One Another's Burdens"
1. GOD WANTED A SPIRITUAL FAMILY
“Bear one another’s burdens…” (Gal. 6:2 NASB)
WE BEAR BECAUSE WE LOVE ONE ANOTHER
2. GOD DOESN’T JUST CALL US TO BELIEVE, BUT ALSO TO BELONG
“For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” (Rom. 12:4&5 NASB)
THE MUTUAL BENEFIT OF ONE ANOTHER
IT’S HARD TO BE STRONG & COURAGEOUS ALL THE TIME
“They answered Joshua… ‘All that you have commanded us we will do, and where you send us we will go.’” (Joshua 1:16 NASB)
“But Moses’ hands were heavy. Then they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it; and Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side and one on the other. Thus his hands were steady until the sun set.” (Exodus 17:12 NASB)
GOD HAS A PURPOSE FOR BURDENS: Reminds us of our
NEED FOR GOD
NEED FOR ONE ANOTHER
NEED FOR FAMILY
“…power is perfected in weakness…” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NASB)
“For each one will bear his own load.” (Gal. 6:5 NASB)
3. WE CANNOT WIN SPIRITUAL BATTLES IF WE DON’T
“In that day of battle, your people will serve you willingly…” (Psalm 110:3 NLT)
“Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power…” (Psalm 110:3 NASB)
“Then He said to them, ‘My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me’.” (Matthew 26:38 NASB)
“Peter said to Him, ‘Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You.’ All the disciples said the same thing too.” (Matthew 26:35 NASB)
“And He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, ‘So, you men could not keep watch with Me for one hour?’” (Matthew 26:40 NASB)
Life Group Discussion:
1. What expectations, and responsibilities do you have for family members in your house?
2. What expectations, and responsibilities do you think God has for family members in HIS house (church)?
3. Why do you think it’s important to God that family members in His house bear each other’s burdens?
4. Why do you think it’s important to “belong” to a local church, rather than simply “attend” a church?
5. Which pleases God more – belonging or attending? Why?