Sunday, October 8th 2017
Message By: Pastor Bam Lauvao
Series: CATCH THE FIRE & CARRY HIS FLAME”
"Fellowship with Fire!"
Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
(Hebrews 10:24-25 NLT)
1. DON’T ISOLATE YOURSELF FROM OTHERS OR THE CHURCH.
After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go…Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves. Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road.
(Luke 10:1, 3-4 NKJV)
2. HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH PEOPLE ON FIRE FOR GOD.
Now Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took their respective firepans, and after putting fire in them, placed incense on it and offered strange fire before the Lord, which He had not commanded them. And fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed them, and they died before the Lord.
(Leviticus 10:1-2 NASB)
3. BE CAREFUL WHEN FELLOWSHIPPING WITH FRIENDLY FIRE.
When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?”
(Luke 9:54 NASB)
But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.”
(Luke 9:55-56 NASB)
Life Group Discussion:
1. Does my lifestyle affect people’s opinions about the importance of attending church? How so?
2. Why do you come to church? What advice would you give someone who feels that church attendance is not important for faith growth?
3. Have you taken part in any fellowship with “strange fire” (ungodly fellowship)? Why is this not spiritually healthy and how can you avoid it?
4. Did you get offended when serving with others? How has offense affected your church involvement and participation? How can you move forward?