Wednesday, October 18th 2017
Message By: Pastor Vic Ortiz
Husband: a married man considered in relation to his spouse.
Shift: move or cause to move from one place to another, especially over a small distance.
• Adam “shifted” the blame to Eve when God asked him if he ate of the forbidden fruit. So often, the husbands “shift” the blame to their wives as a justification of why they live dormant lives. 1) IT’S TIME FOR A HUSBAND – SHIFT.
“Then the Lord God formed a man from dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the MAN became a living being”. Genesis 2:7 NIV
2) IT’S TIME FOR THE HUSBAND TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND STOP SHIFTING THE BLAME.
“Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives’, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life; so that nothing hinders your prayers”. 1st Peter 3:7 NIV
3) MEN! STOP ALLOWING THE WIFE TO FILL IN FOR YOUR ROLE AS A HUSBAND.
“The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband”. 1Corinthians 7:3 NIV
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave himself up for her, so that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word”. Ephesians 5:25-26 NIV
4) MEN! TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, MANNEQUINS ARE LIFELESS.
• MANNEQUINS LOOK LIKE MEN, BUT THEY CAN’T TAKE THE PLACE OF A MAN. “The man said, “The woman you put here with me, she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it”. Genesis 3:12 NIV
Life Group Discussion: 1) Husbands do you feel you shift the blame on your wife? And in what areas? 2) Wives do you feel your husband shifts the blame on you? Why? And in what area 3) Do you believe that God appointed men as leaders in the home, as well as church? 4) Do you believe that providing leadership for your wife can be challenging? Why? 5) Husbands do you lead with love? And do you lead with confidence?