Sunday, October 22th 2017
Message By: Austin Tialavea
Series: GETTING AN EARLY START
“An Early Start of Heaven”
“DON’T WAIT TIL YOU DIE, TO GO TO HEAVEN. - RZA”
“…Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” II Corinthians 6:2 NKJV
1. GOD IS EXTENDING THE INVITATION, R.S.V.P. NOW!!
“Then Peter took the lame man by the right hand and helped him up. And as he did, the man’s feet and ankles were instantly healed and strengthened.” Acts 3:7 NLT
“…you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.” James 4:14 NKJV
2. HEAVEN IS THE DESTINATION, BUT SALVATION IS THE RIDE!!
“He jumped up, stood on his feet, and began to walk! Then, walking, leaping, and praising God, he went into the Temple with them. All the people saw him walking and heard him praising God.” Acts 3:8-9 NLT
THERE’S LEVELS TO THIS!!
Level 1: WALK – Take baby steps.
Level 2: LEAP – Jump up a level and take bigger steps.
Level 3: PRAISE – Enjoy the Freedom.
3. NEVER LOSE FOCUS OF WHO YOUR SAVIOR IS!!
“For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” 2 Corinthians 3:17 NLT
“When they realized he was the lame beggar they had seen so often at the Beautiful Gate, they were absolutely astounded! They all rushed out in amazement to Solomon’s Colonnade, where the man was holding tightly to Peter and John.” Acts 3:10-11 NLT
Life Group Questions
1) Are you a believer?? If so, how long did you ignore the invitations of God before finally receiving salvation?? If you’re not a believer, has this message stirred some interest of God in your heart??
2) What was/is your “Lame Disorder” that is hindering you from walking in the freedom of the Lord??
3) What level of salvation would you consider yourself at right now in your life?? Are we making progress toward freedom??
4) Being that our lives are but a vapor and we are living in the end days, how much more effort should we make in winning more souls for Christ?? What about our loved ones??