Sunday, October 29th 2017
Message By: Pastor Bam Lauvao
Series: GETTING AN EARLY START
“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and preparea a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself,” (John 14:1-3 NKJV)
1. LIVE AS IF HE’S ON HIS WAY.
“Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”
(Matthew 24:44 NKJV)
• JESUS SHOULD NEVER BE AN UNEXPECTED GUEST.
2. REDEEM THE TIME, DON’T WASTE IT.
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5: 15-16 NKJV)
3 WAYS TO “REDEEM THE TIME”
• LESS THERAPY, MORE HUGS.
• LESS FACEBOOK, MORE FACE IN “HIS BOOK!”
• LESS QUANTITY OUT, BUT STAY AT QUALITY IN.
3. REWARDS FOLLOW READINESS.
“Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.” (Revelation 22:12 NASB)
“Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing.”
(Matthew 24:46 NKJV)
Life Group Discussion:
1. If JESUS was visiting your house in the next hour, what are some of the things you need to get rid of? And why haven’t you gotten rid of them yet?
2. Has God instructed you to do something about sin? What are you doing practically to complete what He has instructed?
3. “Time waits for no man.” Which of the 3 ways to redeem the time (Less Therapy more Hugs, Less Facebook more Face in His Book, or Less Quantity out, but stay at Quality In) would you immediately apply to your life?
4. Rewards follow Readiness. How else are you preparing yourself for His coming?