“Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12 NLT
“LETS GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT, HOW ABOUT LOVE!!”
1. SHIFT OUT OF NEUTRAL: BREAK AWAY FROM THE STEREOTYPES!!
“…we give you this command in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ: Stay away from all believers who live idle lives and don’t follow the tradition they received from us.” 2 Thessalonians 3:6 NLT
“But there are some Jews—Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego—whom you have put in charge of
the province of Babylon. They pay no attention to you, Your Majesty. They refuse to serve your gods and do not worship the gold statue you have set up.” Daniel 3:12 NLT
2. SHIFT, USING THE CLUTCH: THIS HAPPENS DURING THE IN BETWEEN!!
“... He commanded that the furnace be heated seven times hotter than usual. Then he ordered some of the strongest men of his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego...” Daniel 3:19-20 NLT
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
“…the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” Daniel 3:16-18 NLT
3. SHIFT INTO REVERSE: IT MAY NOT LOOK NORMAL, BUT ITS OK!!
“Then Elijah folded his cloak together and struck the water with it. The river divided, and the two of them went across on dry ground!” 2 Kings 2:8 NLT
“Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise to the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego! He sent his angel to rescue his servants who trusted in him. They defied the king’s command and were willing to die rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.” Daniel 3:28 NLT
Life Group Questions:
1. How important are Millennials to the future of the Church??
2. Have you been stuck in Neutral?? Have you found yourself following the crowd more than following Jesus?? How will you shift out of that lifestyle??
3. If you’ve led people older than you, Share your experience in leading an older generation. Has this message opened your eyes to the importance of Rising up??
4. If you are an older generation, share your experience of being lead by a younger generation. Has this message brought some perspective on how you look at Millennials??