Sunday, November 5th, 2017
Message By: Pastor Bam Lauvao
Series: GETTING AN EARLY START
“Receiving Sooner Blessings!”
THE BLESSING CAN TURN INTO A CURSE IN THE HANDS OF THE UNPREPARED.
5 BLESSING BLOCKERS:
1. IMMATURE: “I shouldn’t do it, but I did it.”
A certain man had two sons. The younger son said to his father, “Father, give me my share of the inheritance.”
(Luke 15:11-12 CEB)
2. DISCONTENT: “I’d rather have that.”
Soon afterward, the younger son gathered everything together and took a trip to a land far away.
(Luke 15:13 CEB)
3. IRRESPONSIBLE: “I don’t care about it.”
There, he wasted his wealth through extravagant living. When he had used up his resources, a severe food shortage rose across in that country and he began to be in need.
(Luke 15:13-14 CEB)
4. HARD-HEAD: “I’m not doing it.”
He hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who set him into his fields to feed pigs. He longed to eat his fill from what the pigs ate, but no one gave him anything.
(Luke 15: 15-16 CEB)
5. SENSELESS (aka YOU’RE CRAZY): “Why didn’t I think of that?”
When he came to his senses, he said, “How many of my father’s hired hands have more than enough food, but I’m starving to death!”
(Luke 15: 17 CEB)
Life Group Discussion:
1. Have you ever experienced a blessing turning into a curse in your life? Explain.
2. What area of your life do you feel God is withholding a blessing? Why do you think He is withholding it?
3. Which of the “5 Blessing Blockers” do you feel you need to work on the most and why?
4. Are you “hard-headed?” Have you been called “crazy?” How so? (It’s ok to laugh at yourself).