Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Message By: Pastor Vic Ortiz
Series: You Are Blessed!
“THANKFUL AND BLESSED!”
One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan. Luke 17:15-16 (NIV)
Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.” Luke 17:17 -19 (NIV)
1. THANKFULNESS NEEDS TO BE SHAPED, NOT TAUGHT.
“Give thanks to the lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.”1 Chronicles 16:8 (NIV)
2. THANKFULNESS IS A CHOICE.
“When you sacrifice a thank offering to the Lord, sacrifice it in such a way that it will be accepted on your behalf.” Leviticus 22:29 (NIV)
3. GIVE THANKS IN HARD TIMES, IT BLESSES AND HONORS GOD.
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)
Life Group Questions:
1. Do you thank God in the good times and bad? Give an example.
2. We are called to be Christ followers. Why wouldn’t we follow His example? Do you follow His example?
3. Has there been a time you did not thank God? If so, why?
4. Do you wait to thank God after He has blessed you, or do you thank him before the blessing comes?