Wednesday, March 7th, 2018
Message By: Helen Lauvao
Series: Built On Purpose
“Built With Joints Pt. 2”
“from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.” (Ephesians 4:16 NKJV)
Anyone can burn bridges, very few are willing to build bridges.
Relational joints are bridges for influence.
IT TAKES FOLLOW-THROUGH TO FOLLOW JESUS!
“Salt is good; but if the salt has lost its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is neither fit for the land nor for the dunghill, but men throw it out. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!” (Luke 14: 34-35 NKJV)
2. GOD IS THE ULTIMATE EMPLOYER!
“Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eye service, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God. And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality.” (Colossians 3:22-25 NKJV)
3. DISCRETION WEIGHS YOUR SPIRITUAL MATURITY!
“A good man deals graciously and lends; He will guide his affairs with discretion.” (Psalm 112:5 NKJV)
LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS:
1. Scripture teaches in Proverbs 14:1 “The wise woman her builds her house, But the foolish pulls it down with her hands.” Are you prone to build or burn the bridges in your life? Why is it easier to burn then build?
2. Do you find yourself burnt out in between tasks? Does your faith and hope run out quickly? What can you do to stay committed to the obligations you sign up for or say you are going to do? What would the Gospel look like if God did not mean what He said?
3. Would you rather have an award or an inheritance? Would you rather have the applause of man or the praise of Christ? How can you encourage yourself when you are not rewarded for what you do by your Employer, Teacher or Parent?
4. How does being careless counteract discretion? What is the cost to others (God, family, friends, neighbors, church, workplace…) when you show no concern and are loosely lipped?