NO PLACE LIKE HOME
Sunday, April 29th, 2018
Message By: Austin Tialavea
Series: The Greatest Comeback
“No Place Like Home"
“you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.” John 15:19 NIV
1. REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE SPIRIT OF PRIDE!!
“Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.” Proverbs 16:18 NLT
“When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, ‘At home even the hired servants have food enough to spare, and here I am dying of hunger!” Luke 15:17 NLT
2. TAKE YOURSELF BACK TO WHERE IT ALL STARTED!!
“…he said to himself, ‘At home even the hired servants have food enough to spare, and here I am dying of hunger! I will go HOME to my father…” Luke 15:17-18 NLT
“(David took the Philistine’s head to Jerusalem, but he stored the man’s armor in his own tent.)” 1 Sam 17:54 NLT
3. COME JUST AS YOU ARE!!“
…while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him.” Luke 15:20 NLT
“GOD IS NOT LOOKING FOR PERFECTION,GOD IS LOOKING FOR EFFORT”
“But his father said to the servants, ‘Quick! Bring the finest robe in the house and put it on him. Get a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet. And kill the calf we have been fattening. We must celebrate with a feast, for this son of mine was dead and has now returned to life. He was lost, but now he is found.’ So the party began.” Luke 15:22-24 NLT
LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Is there an area in your life where you’ve been “IN DENIAL”?? Has it caused you to go around the same mountain more than you should have??
2. Share with the group a testimony that always makes you fall in love with Jesus all over again. (Receiving Salvation, Breakthrough, Deliverance etc…)
3. For New/Non Believers: How cool is it that God accepts you just as you are??
For Believers: How important is it that we too should accept people just as they are, especially when trying to win their soul for Jesus??
4. What do you think your “HOMECOMING CELEBRATION” will be like in Heaven??