Series: FROM DEATH UNTO LIFE: EMBRACING AN EMPOWERED LIFE
“ENTANGLED OR ENGAGED?"
“She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word. But Martha was distracted with all her preparations…” (Luke 10:39,40 NASB)
Entangled: Cause to become twisted together with or caught in
Engaged: Occupy, attract, or involve (someone’s) interest or attentio
1. TAKE SOME TO TIME TO SMELL THE ROSES!
“Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” (Psalms 46:10 NLT)
2. YOU’RE WASTING GAS WHEN YOU DO A BURN OUT!
“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28 NLT)
REASONS FOR BURNOUT:
“Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from beginning to end. He did not give up because of the cross!” (Hebrews 12:2 GNT)
3. MINISTRY TIME DOES NOT REPLACE PERSONAL TIME!
“But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private.” (Matthew 6:6 NLT)
SERVE FROM THE SAUCER NOT THE CUP. SERVE FROM THE OVERFLOW!
“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13 NLT)
Life Group Questions:
1. We have all been entangled by things of this world. Identify 3 things of this world which inhibits our ability to engage with God.
2. Identify 2 or 3 symptoms which can lead to spiritual burn out. Do you see those same symptoms in your own spiritual walk with Christ?
3. The book of Acts reminds us that those who even waited on tables needed the power of the Holy Spirit (Read Acts 6:1-4). What role does the Holy Spirit play in the ministry you serve?
4. What areas in life do we need constant refilling? How do you go about it?