Sunday, July 22nd, 2018
Message By: Pastor Kent Miyoshi
Series: Prevailing Through Storms
“The Storm and the Tomb Man"
“And He got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, ‘Hush, be still.’ And the wind died down and it became perfectly calm.” (Mark 4:39 NASB)
1. THE ENEMY’S STORM IS STRATEGIC
TEST QUESTION: DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHO HE IS THAT IS WITH YOU?
“They became very much afraid and said to one another, ‘Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?” (Mark 4:41 NASB).
TEST QUESTION: DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE HE CAN DO WHAT HE SAYS HE CAN DO?
“When He got out of the boat, immediately a man from the tombs with an unclean spirit met Him, and he had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one was able to bind him anymore, even with a chain…no one was strong enough to subdue him. Constantly, night and day, he was screaming among the tombs and in the mountains, and gashing himself with stones.” (Mark 5:2-5 NASB)
2. GOD HAS IDENTIFIED SOMEONE WHO NEEDS A STORM PREVAILER
3. YOU HAVE TO PREVAIL THROUGH A STORM FOR SOMEBODY ELSE
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15 NIV)
4. WHO IS WILLING TO CROSS
"…Let us go over to the other side.” (Mark 4:35 NASB).
“Jesus gave them permission. And coming out, the unclean spirits entered the swine; and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea, about two thousand of them; and they were drowned in the sea.” (Mark 5:13 NASB)
Life Group Discussion:
1. What is your first response when you encounter storms in your life?
2. What did Jesus do when He encountered the “un-natural” storm?
3. What storm have you prevailed through, and what did you learn?
4. How can it benefit others?