COACH IN, COACH OUT!
Wednesday, September 19th, 2018
Message By: Pastor Bam Lauvao
Series: PRIMED FOR TOMORROW
"Coach In, Coach Out!"
GREAT COACHES VALUE THE INDIVIDUAL MORE THAN WINNING THE GAME!
The Attributes of a Great Coach
POUR THE BEST IN PEOPLE
PULL THE BEST OUT OF PEOPLE
1. YOUR GREATEST LIFE COACH IS THE HOLY SPIRIT
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. (John 14:26 NKJV)
YOUR “PLAY BOOK” IS THE LIFE OF JESUS
Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before Him He endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.(Hebrews 12:2 NIV)
2. LEARN FROM THE PIONEERS OF FAITH IN YOUR HOMECOURT
The person that follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. (Albert Einstein)
A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher. (Luke 6:40 NKJV)
3. CHANGE YOUR GAME TO ULTIMATELY WIN CHRISTLIKE CHARACTER
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:11 NIV)
I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. (Michael Jordan)
Life Group Discussion:
1. What are some good and bad examples of a great coach?
2. How does the Holy Spirit and the WORD of God coach us?
3. Do you have a life coach at NHLV?Discuss how your life coach has improved your life.
4. Why is growing in Christlike character more important than winning games?