MOVED BY THE NEED
Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018
Message By: Hanalei Santos
Series: A FRESH MOVE
"Moved by the Need"
“So they appointed taskmasters over them to afflict them with hard labor. And they built for Pharaoh storage cities, Pithom and Raamses. But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and the more they spread out, so that they were in dread of the sons of Israel.” (Exodus 1:11-12 NASB)
1. IT’S YOUR MOVE: DON’T WAIT FOR A MOVE OF GOD, BE A MOVE OF GOD!
“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see…By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.” (Hebrews 11:1,3 NIV)
M.O.V.E.: Motivate, Organize, Volunteer, Engage!
2. GOD CAN ALWAYS MOVE IN A FRESH WAY!
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!” (Isaiah 43:18,19 NIV)
“He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” (Revelations 21:5 NIV)
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:2 NIV)
“For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.” (2 Corinthians 4:6 NLT)
“…God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all…” (1 John 1:5 NLT)
LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
1. What personal steps of faith have you taken in order to display God’s movement in your life?
2. What have you hesitated on which delayed God’s movement?
3. God did not send his Son so we could have a “better life”, but He came so we could have a “new life.” What “new” things has God done in your life? What old things has He removed?
4. When we move by following the Spirit, God moves within our moves. How do we ensure that it is in accordance with God?