Refreshing: Having the power to restore freshness, vitality, energy, etc.
And the Angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud went from before them and stood behind them. (Exodus 14:19 NKJV)
1. ANTICIPATE A REFRESHING MOVE OF GOD AT ANY GIVEN TIME
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. (Jeremiah 31:25 NIV)
2. REFRESH YOUR EXPERIENCE BY RE-THINKING “YOU”
For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. (2 Corinthians 2:15 NKJV)
THINK INVITE: ATTRACT, NOT DETRACT
THINK INCREASE:“ADD TO,” NOT “SUBTRACT FROM”
THINK INFLUENCE: BE AUTHENTIC, NOT ARTIFICIAL
So it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel. Thus it was a cloud and darkness to the one, and it gave light by night to the other, so that the one did not come near the other all that night. (Exodus 14:20 NKJV)
3. REFRESH BY REMOVING THE SOURCE OF ODORS: SIN
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, (Acts 3:19 NKJV)
Life Group Discussion:
1. Why is it often necessary to refresh ourselves and our lives?
2. If you are the fragrance of Christ, how will you “rethink” your purpose and perspective?
3. Often times, it’s not the air freshener that’s not working, but rather an extreme odor being produced by something.What aspect of your life produces a foul odor, and how can you allow a refreshing to occur?
4. What can you transfer to others so they too can be a fragrance of refreshing?