Sunday, October 28th, 2018
Message By: Pastor Bam Lauvao
Series: Welcome Holy Spirit!
“Your Divine Mentor"
A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher. (Luke 6:40 NKJV)
And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever… (John 14:16 NKJV)
1. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS YOUR “PERSONAL BEST” MENTOR & MULTIPLIER
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. (John 14:17-18 NKJV)
But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. (Acts 1:8 NKJV)
2. BE A STUDENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT BY:
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. (John 14:26 NASB)
Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, being tempted for forty days by the devil. (Luke 4:1-2 NKJV)
Life Group Discussion:
1. Discuss your thoughts on why JESUS had to go in order to send the Holy Spirit? Why couldn’t JESUS stay?
2. How does the Holy Spirit mentor us in a personal way?
3. Per John 14:26, how does the Word of God (scriptures) and the Holy Spirit work together?
4. What are some evidences of a teachable heart? What about a non-teachable heart?