YOUR DIVINE MENTOR
Sunday, October 28th, 2018
Message By: Pastor Bam Lauvao
Series: Welcome Holy Spirit!
“Your Divine Mentor"
GREAT MENTORS REPRODUCE GREAT MENTORS
A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher. (Luke 6:40 NKJV)
And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever… (John 14:16 NKJV)
HELPER: Greek Parakletos (Para: CLOSE-BESIDE; kaleo: TO CALL)
1. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS YOUR “PERSONAL BEST” MENTOR & MULTIPLIER
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. (John 14:17-18 NKJV)
POURS THE BEST IN YOU
PULLS THE BEST OUT OF YOU
But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. (Acts 1:8 NKJV)
2. BE A STUDENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT BY:
MAKING SCRIPTURE DEPOSITS
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. (John 14:26 NASB)
HAVING A TEACHABLE HEART
Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, being tempted for forty days by the devil. (Luke 4:1-2 NKJV)
Life Group Discussion:
1. Discuss your thoughts on why JESUS had to go in order to send the Holy Spirit? Why couldn’t JESUS stay?
2. How does the Holy Spirit mentor us in a personal way?
3. Per John 14:26, how does the Word of God (scriptures) and the Holy Spirit work together?
4. What are some evidences of a teachable heart? What about a non-teachable heart?