“Have A Forward Lean!”
“I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.” (Philippians 3:12 NIV)
1. LIVE YOUR LIFE AS A SPORT
“…we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.” (Hebrews 12:1 NKJV)
“And He said to her, ‘Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace.” (Luke 8:48 NKJV)
2. YOUR PRIZE IS UPSTREAM
“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heaven ward in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:14 NIV)
“…if God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31 NIV)
3. HEROES ARE DEFINED BY THEIR FORWARD LEAN
“They overcame him (devil) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.” (Revelations 12:11 NIV)
4. YOUR BEST IS YET TO COME!
“ ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)
“We have this hope as an anchor…” (Hebrews 6:19 NIV)
Life Group Discussion:
1. In a 12-month period, when do recognize your tendency to recline rather than reach; lean back rather than lean forward?
2. What 3 areas of your life do you need to put a forward lean?
3. What do you expect to see in heaven - people sitting or people serving? What do think God expects to see on earth – people sitting or people serving?
4. What leaning forward actions are you taking towards developing “Christlike” character?