“Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.” (1 Corinthians 15:33 NKJV)
Company Of Complainers.
Body Of Bickerers.
Orchestra Of The Offended.
“You are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.” (1 Corinthians 5:11 NLT)
1. BREAK CYCLES BY UNPLUGGING FROM UNFRUITFUL COMPANY.
“You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.” (Matthew 5:13 NLT)
2. BE THE SALT AND LIGHT TO A BLAND AND DARK WORLD.
“You are the light of the world-like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.” (Matthew 5:14-16 NLT)
3. TRANSFORMATION HAPPENS WHEN YOU COMPLETELY SURRENDER YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST.
“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20 NKJV)
“Then He said to the crowd, if any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me.” (Luke 9:23 NLT)
Life Group Questions
1. Are there people in your life you need to unplug from? Explain why?
2. Look at the things that keep asking you to say ‘yes’ (phone, worry, control, complaining, social media, etc.) what are the things you need to say ‘no’ to in order to surrender yourself to the Lord?
3. Do you feel your life brings salt and light to others, or do you feel it’s lost its flavor? If yes, how? If no, how can you make it salty again?
4. In what ways has being part of a Life Group influenced your walk with Christ?