THRIVING IN POVERTY AND PROSPERITY
TURNING TRIALS INTO TRIUMPH!
“THRIVING IN POVERTY & PROSPERITY”
“Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation, but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away.” James 1:9-10 NKJV
EARTHLY RICHES ARE ONLY TEMPORARY.
“For no sooner has the sun risen with a burning heat than it withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beautiful appearance perishes. So the rich man also will fade away in his pursuits.” James 1:11 NKJV
“First, help me never to tell a lie second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” And if I am poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.” Proverbs 30:8-9 NLT
2. THE BLESSINGS AND FAVOR OF GOD ARE WHAT MAKE YOU RICH, NOT MONEY.
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19 NKJV
3. SEEK GOD FIRST AND THRIVE.
“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
Matthew 6:33 NKJV
Life Group Questions
1. What are some of the trials that you have experienced with either being rich or poor? Share on how you’ve thrived through that experience.
2. Share some ways you use your earthly possessions to help and be a blessing to others.
3. Share a testimony of how God provided and cared for you when you put seeking His kingdom first.