TRIUMPH OVER TEMPTATIONS
(Jesus) was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
(Hebrews 4:15 NKJV)
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
(James 1:12 NKJV)
1. GOD ALLOWS TEMPTATIONS FOR GREATER DISCIPLINE & DEPENDENCY
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
(James 1:13 NKJV)
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;
(James 1:14-15 NKJV)
2. HOW TEMPTATION WORKS: DESIRE + ENTICEMENT + ACTION = SIN
and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
(James 1:15 NKJV)
3. TAKE AWAY: CHANGE YOUR DESIRE
Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
(Psalm 73:25-26 NKJV)
Life Group Questions
1. Are temptations from God? Explain.
2. Explain the process of Desire, Enticement, Action and how it leads to sin.
3. Sin’s ultimate goal is death (i.e. death of passion, marriage, vision, etc.). What areas of your life do you feel sin has caused “death” in.
4. Explain how Worship, Word, and Witness can change your desire and lead you to a transformed life.