“Learning To Hear”
“He who has ears to hear, let him hear.” (Matthew 11:15 NASB)
“…while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.” (Matthew 13:13 NASB)
1. TUNE IN TO THE GOD FREQUENCY
“Incline your ear and come to Me. Listen, that you may live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you…” (Isaiah 55:3 NASB)
“So Jacob came close to Isaac his father, and he felt him and said, ‘The voice is the voice of Jacob, but the hands are the hands of Esau. He did not recognize him, because his hands were hairy like his brother Esau’s hands…” (Genesis 27:22-23 NASB)
Practical action steps:
“…when you pray, go into your prayer room, close the door and pray to your Father…” (Matthew 6:6 NIV)
2. AN INTERNAL WHISPER; TUG, OR NUDGE
“…and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind…after the wind and earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice. So it was, when Elijah heard it…” (1 Kings 19:11-13 NKJ)
3. MAJOR CROSSROADS OF LIFE, OR DECISION POINTS
“So David inquired of the Lord, saying, ‘Shall I go and attack these Philistines?’ And the Lord said to David, ‘Go and attack the Philistines and deliver Keilah’” (I Samuel 23:2 NASB)
“Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisors they succeed.” (Proverbs 15:22 NIV)
Qualifications of a “Sounding Board”:
1) The person LOVES AND KNOWS JESUS
2) The person LOVES AND KNOWS YOU
Life Group Discussion:
1. Have you heard God lately? What did He say?
2. How do you know it was God speaking?
3. What can interfere with your hearing God?
4. What “safeguards” will you put in place in your life to help assure you’re hearing from God?
“…blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear.” (Matthew 13:16 NASB)