Hear From God
“HEAR FROM HEART”
“You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.” Acts 7:51 NKJV
“We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.” 2 Corinthians 4:7 NLT
FRAGILE: (adj) easily broken or damaged.
(of a person) not strong or sturdy; delicate and vulnerable.
1. PROTECT YOUR MIND AND HEART!!
“Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.” Prov 4:23 NKJV
“A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.” Luke 6:45 NLT
CLAY: (n) a stiff, sticky fine-grained earth, typically yellow, red, or bluish-gray in color and often forming an impermeable layer in the soil. It can be molded when wet, and is dried and baked to make bricks,
2. KEEP YOUR KNEES BENT, EYES WET, AND HEART SOFT!!
“Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?”
Rom 2:4 NLT
JAR: (n) a wide-mouthed cylindrical container made of glass or pottery, especially one used for storing food.
3. DON’T COME ASKING FOR A SIP, WHEN GOD IS OFFERING YOU A GULP!!
“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10 NKJV
“You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.” Psalm 23:5 NASB
Life Group Questions:
1) How is your Heart?? (Be honest, Be real, Be transparent)
2) Read Luke 6:45. Is it important to Filter what you store in your heart?? Does it have an effect on the way you live your life?? Explain.
3) Why is important to sustain a “Moldable” Heart before the Lord??
4) What are some practical things we can do to “Gulp” the Spirit of God?? Brainstorm together on how to increase God in our families, workplaces, schools etc…