Turning Trials into Triumph!
QUALITIES OF A CHAMPION (PART 2)
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves…But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
(James 1:22, 25 NKJV)
1. CHAMPIONS AREN’T MADE IN A DAY, THEY ARE DEVELOPED DAILY
And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.” And the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.”
(Luke 17:4-5 NKJV)
2. CHAMPIONS MUST CONTINUE TO GIVE UP IN ORDER TO GO UP
And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
(Ephesians 5:2 NKJV)
3. BE A LEGEND: A CHAMPIONS PERSISTENT SACRIFICE PROMISES FUTURE CHAMPIONS
And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers,
(Malachi 4:6 NKJV)
Life Group Questions
1. What are the drastic conditions on mountaintops that are different from the conditions in the valley?
2. Champions are made daily. How can you develop yourself to championship form?
3. Champions must continue to give up to go up. What can you give up to take you to higher levels?
4. Let’s be legendary. What can you do this season to multiply more champions?