LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS
LIGHT FOR THE WILDERNESS
Do not quench the Spirit. (1 Thessalonians 5:19 NKJV)
1. FIRE SHIELDS US FROM PREDATORS
“And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,” declares the LORD, “and I will be its glory within.” (Zechariah 2:5 NIV)
2. FIRE WARMS & COMFORTS THOSE THAT ARE COLD
Take away the dross from silver, and it will go to the silversmith for jewelry. Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne will be established in righteousness. (Proverbs 25:4-5 NKJV)
3. FIRE ATTRACTS “RESCUERS” & THE PROMISE OF FREEDOM
Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.” So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” (Exodus 3:3-4 NKJV)
Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt.” (Exodus 3:10 NKJV)
Life Group Questions
1. What normally happens when we lose the “fire for God?”
2. How does fire protect from predators? How would you apply this to your life?
3. How does fire warm and comfort the cold? How would you apply this to your relationship with others?
4. How does your fire for God attract other people to the call of spiritual freedom?