MAKING LIVE WONDERFUL
"SECRET OF CONTENTMENT"
“Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.” Phil 4:11-12 NLT
CONTENTMENT: (n) a state of happiness and satisfaction.
1. UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT WHO’S IN CONTROL!!
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Phil 4:13 NASB
“Take your staff, the one you used when you struck the water of the Nile, and call some of the elders of Israel to join you. I will stand before you on the rock at Mount Sinai. Strike the rock, and water will come gushing out. Then the people will be able to drink.” Exodus 17:5-7 NLT
2. LEARN TO ADJUST AND ADAPT TO EVERY SEASON!!
“As Paul reached the stairs, the mob grew so violent the soldiers had to lift him to their shoulders to protect him. And the crowd followed behind, shouting ‘Kill him, kill him!’ As Paul was about to be taken inside, he said to the commander, ‘May I have a word with you?” Acts 21:35-37 NLT
■ BE HAPPY WITH WHERE GOD HAS YOU, BUT BE READY TO GO WHERE GOD TAKES YOU!!”
“Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” 1 Thess 5:16-18 NLT
3. KEEP YOUR FOCUS ON PURPOSE, NOT POSITION!!
“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?” Matt 6:25-26 NLT
Life Group Questions:
1) In what area of your life do you feel the need to practice the Secret of CONTENTMENT?? What steps are you taking??
2) Who's in control of YOUR life? How does Understanding and Acceptance help with CONTENTMENT?
3) Be Honest! Does your Dance in the Sunshine, look the same as your Dance in the Storm? How do you adjust and adapt to seasons??
4) Are you CONTENT with where you are in Life?? Why or Why Not??