“A GRATEFUL FAMILY”
GRATITUDE: The heartfelt expression of appreciation of the grace that was given to you.
“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NKJV)
1. GRATITUDE TURNS ORDINARY MOMENTS INTO BLESSINGS.
INGRATITUDE: Not appreciating or valuing what you have, or have been given.
“…are they really his children? They are a deceitful and twisted generation. Is this the way you repay the Lord, you foolish and senseless people? Isn’t He your Father who created you? Has He not made you and established you? Remember the days of long ago; think about the generations past. Ask your father, and he will inform you. Inquire of your elders, and they will tell you.” (Deuteronomy 32:5-7 NLT)
2. CHOOSE TO REMEMBER THE GOODNESS AND FAITHFULNESS OF THE LORD.
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:4-8 NKJV)
3. BE GRATEFUL THAT YOU WERE CHOSEN TO BE IN GOD’S FAMILY.
“God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure.” (Ephesians 1:5 NLT)
“I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.” (2 Corinthians 6:18 NKJV)
Above all, GIVE THANKS TO JESUS!
Life Group Questions:
1. What is one relationship within your family or extended family that you are grateful for and why?
2. In what ways can you show more gratitude to your family? How are you praying for them?
3. Tell each person in your life group what you appreciate about them the most.
4. What are you most grateful to God for?