JESUS & THE UN-THINKABLE
But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and they were both well advanced in years. (Luke 1:7 NKJV)
But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.” (Luke 1:13 NKJV)
1. JESUS WILL SAY THE UN-THINKABLE TO STRETCH OUR FAITH
So it was, on the eighth day, that they came to circumcise the child; and they would have called him by the name of his father, Zacharias. His mother answered and said, “No; he shall be called John.” (Luke 1:59-60 NKJV)
2. BREAK THE CURSE OF THE TYPICAL BY DEFENDING THE UN-THINKABLE PROMISE OF GOD
But they said to her, “There is no one among your relatives who is called by this name.” So they made signs to his father—what he would have him called. (Luke 1:61-62 NKJV)
And he asked for a writing tablet, and wrote, saying, “His name is John.” So they all marveled. Immediately his mouth was opened and his tongue loosed, and he spoke, praising God. (Luke 1:63-64 NKJV)
3. KEY: THE AGREEMENT OF TWO IS THE POWER THAT RELEASES UN-THINKABLE FAVOR
Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven (Matthew 18:19 NKJV)
Life Group Questions
1. Share how the LORD has revealed His “out-of-the-box” nature in the Bible, and in your personal life.
2. Has JESUS given you an un-thinkable promise that has led to your faith being stretched?
3. Why must you fight and hold on to the unthinkable promises of God?
4. Why is it important that two come in agreement with God’s un-thinkable promise?