STEWARDING THE MIRACLE OF TALENT
“STEWARDING THE MIRACLE OF TALENT”
“As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” (1 Peter 4:10 NASB)
WE ARE NOT OWNERS OF OUR TALENTS, ONLY STEWARDS OF THEM.
1. MULTIPLY MIRACLES BY EMPLOYING YOUR TALENTS TO BLESS OTHERS.
“For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them. And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.” (Matthew 25:14-15 NKJV)
2. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO INVEST & INCREASE WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU.
“Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’” (Matthew 25:24-25 NKJV)
“But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.” (Matthew 25:26-28 NKJV)
3. GOD REQUIRES FAITHFULNESS WHETHER YOU HAVE A LITTLE OR MUCH.
“For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.”
USE IT OR YOU WILL LOSE IT!
“And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Life Group Questions:
1. What are your God given gifts or talents? How have you used them to bless others?
2. What has the Parable of the Talents revealed to you about your own heart?
3. How are you stewarding now what God has entrusted to you? How can you improve?