Runs in the Family by Pastor Austin Tialavea
"Who will listen when you talk like this? We share and share alike - those who got to battle and those who guard the equipment." (1 Samuel 30:24 NLT)
1. AN UNGUARDED HOME IS AN INVITATION FOR TROUBLE!!
"I will camp around My house because of the army, because of him who passes by and him who returns. No more shall an oppressor pass through them. For now I have seen with My eyes." (Zechariah 9:8 NKJV)
"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." (Ephesians 6:11 NKJV)
2. ENGAGEMENT IS THE CURE TO STAGNANT FAITH!!
"Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season..." (2 Timothy 4:2 NKJV)
3. PROVIDE STABILITY TO A SHAKEN HOME BY INVITING JESUS BACK IN!!
"When there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily. But wise and knowledgeable leaders bring stability." (Proverbs 28:2 NLT)
"But they said to her, 'There is no one among your relatives who is called by this name." (Luke 1:61 NKJV)
Life Group Questions
1. When was the last time you prayed for your family?? Spouse?? Children?? Parents?? etc. If it's been awhile, what has caused you to become distracted?? Take a moment to say a simple but powerful prayer for them now.
2. How important is is to engage Family with Bible Studies, Devotionals, Online Church, Worship, etc...?? How is it beneficial??
3. What does the 21st Century Church look like to you?? Discuss.
4. Is it necessary to invite Jesus back into our Homes?? Our School system?? Our Government?? Our Nation?? Is Prayer still effective today?? Discuss.