"The glory of the latter temple shall be greater than the former,' says the Lord of hosts. 'And in this place I will give peace,' says the Lord of hosts." Haggai 2:9 NKJV
1. REGROUP AND RECALIBRATE!!
"Now the Lord said to Joshua: 'Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed; take all the people of war with you, and arise, go up to Ai." Joshua 8:1 NLT
"Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18-19 NLT
2. CHANGE IT UP: BE AGGRESSIVE AND TAKE THE OFFENSIVE APPROACH!!
"So Joshua and all the fighting men set out to attack Ai. Joshua chose 30,000 of his best warriors and sent them out at night." Joshua 8:3 NLT
3. KEEP YOU FOCUS ON THE GOAL AND OFF OF THE POSITION!!
"Then the Lord said to Joshua, 'Point the spear in your hand toward Ai, for I will hand the town over to you.' Joshua did as he was commanded."
Joshua 8:18 NLT
"For Joshua kept holding out his spear until everyone who had lived in Ai was completely destroyed." Joshua 8:26 NLT
Life Group Questions:
1) How important is it to seek the Lord in a season of defeat? How refreshing is it to hear an encouraging word from God in the times of Lost? Share and explain.
2) What are some ways we can be Aggressive and take the Offensive approach? Give an example. Hod do you plan to change your way of thinking?
3) Have you allowed other people's opinions to distract you and throw off your aim? How has this message encouraged you to keep your sights set on the Goal?
4) Answer the following: Who are you? Why are you here? Where are you going?