Thank God in Advance
BETWEEN NOW AND THEN IS CALLED THE “TRIAL OF YOUR FAITH”
“…the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.”
(I Peter 1:7 KJV)
“Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and bless His name.” (Psalm 100:4 NASB)
1. ANOTHER WORD FOR “THANKS” IS “PRAISE”!
“He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God.” (Romans 4:20 KJV)
PRAISE STRENGTHENS YOU
“…came forward morning and evening for forty days and took his stand.” (I Samuel 17:16 NASB)
2. THE “SECRET WEAPON” IS NOT ONLY WHAT’S IN YOUR HAND, IT’S WHAT’S IN YOUR MOUTH
“…let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.” (Hebrews 13:15 NASB)
“…you come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts…This day the LORD will deliver you up into my hands, and I will strike you down and remove your head from you…” (I Samuel 17:45-46 NASB)
3. PRAISE GOD IN YOUR VALLEY
“Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand.” (Psalm 149:6 NASB)
PRAISES LIFTS YOU HIGHER FROM YOUR LOWEST POINT
Victory Group Questions
1. What are you “Thanking God” in advance for?
2. What should you do when you’re in your valley? (Give your valley a specific name…ex: valley of loneliness, worry, stress, fear etc.)
3. Why are valley times part of God’s journey of life?
4. How will you live differently from what you’ve learned?