“When He saw them, He said to them, Go and show yourselves to the priests. And as they were going, they were cleansed. Now one of them, when he saw that he had been healed, turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice, and he fell on his face at His feet, GIVING THANKS TO HIM. And he was a Samaritan. But Jesus responded and said, Were there not ten cleansed? But the nine – where are they? Was no one found who returned to give glory to God, except this foreigner? And He said to him, Stand up and go; your faith has made you well." Luke 17:11-19 (NASB)
1. KNOW AND HONOR THE SOURCE.
“But seek FIRST His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided to you.” Matthew 6:33 (NASB)
“Although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.” Romans 1:21 (NKJV)
2. GUARD YOUR HEART WITH GRATITUDE.
“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it MORE ABUNDANTLY.” John 10:10 (NKJV)
3. THE HEART OF THANKFULNESS PRODUCES THE FRUIT OF FAITHFULNESS.
“Then He said to him, Rise and go; YOUR FAITH has made you well." Luke 17:19 (NIV)
Victory Group Questions:
1. What has God done for you that you haven't thanked Him for?
2. Tell each person in your Victory Group what you are most thankful for and what you think you’ve taken for granted the most.
3. In what ways are you showing your gratitude to God and to others?