3 Homes of Honor
1. OUR HOME - WHERE HONOR IS LEARNED.
"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you."
Exodus 20:12 (NKJV)
"All your children shall be taught by the Lord and great shall be the peace of your Children."
Isaiah 54:13 (NKJV)
2. OUR HOME CHURCH - WHERE HONOR IS EXERCISED.
“And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. Be at peace among yourselves.”
I Thessalonians 5:12-13 (NKJV)
“Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;"
Romans 12:10 (NKJV)
3. OUR HOME COUNTRY - WHERE HONOR IS TESTED.
“Every person is to be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God."
Romans 13:1 (NASB) “For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very reason I raised you up, in order to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed throughout the earth.'"
Romans 9:17 (NASB)
4. WHEN YOU DISHONOR OTHERS, YOU DISHONOR GOD. “Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not dishonored except in his hometown and among his own relatives, and in his own household.” And He could not do any miracle there except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them.”
Mark 6:4-5 (NASB)
Victory Group Questions:
1) Honor seems to be fairly overlooked in today's world. Share your experience with honor and your insight on this principle.
2) Which home are you most honorable in? Which home could you improve your application of honor?
3) Discuss the difficulties of honoring the leaders and authoritative figures that God has placed over our us in our lives. What are some ways that we cultivate a culture of honor amongst ourselves?