Beauty in Brokenness
“During the night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two servant wives, and his eleven sons and crossed
the Jabbok River with them. After taking them to the other side, he sent over all his possessions. This left Jacob
all alone in the camp, and a man came and wrestled with him until the dawn began to break.”
Genesis 32:22-24 NLT
1. A PLACE OF FULL SURRENDER!
“When the man saw that he would not win the match, he touched Jacob’s hip and wrenched it out of its socket.
Then the man said, ‘Let me go, for the dawn is breaking!’ But Jacob said, ‘I will not let you go unless you bless
Genesis 32:25-26 NLT
2. A PLACE OF COMPLETE TRANSPARENCY!
“What is your name?’ the man asked. He replied, ‘Jacob.’”
Genesis 32:27 NLT
“Your name will no longer be Jacob,’ the man told him. ‘From now on you will be called Israel, because you
have fought with God and with men and have won.”
Genesis 32:28 NLT
3. A PLACE OF AWESOME WONDER!
“Please tell me your name, ’Jacob said. ‘Why do you want to know my name?’ the man replied. Then he blessed
Genesis 32:29 NLT
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) Are you in a season of “Brokenness”? What does that look like? And what is the Lord teaching you in
this season? Share.
2) Is there an area in your life that you need to “Fully” surrender to God? Is there something that you’re
trying to hide from Him? Share.
3) In your current season, who is God to you? What name are you calling out?
4) What is one thing that you took away from this message? Share.