"Go into that village over there,” (Jesus) told them. “As you enter it, you will see a young donkey tied there that no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks, ‘Why are you untying that colt?’ just say, ‘The Lord needs it.’” So, they went and found the colt, just as Jesus had said. And sure enough, as they were untying it, the owners asked them, “Why are you untying that colt?” And the disciples simply replied, “The Lord needs it.” So, they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments over it for him to ride on. Luke 19:30-35 (NLT)
1. YOUR LIFE MATTERS TO GOD! YOU HAVE AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN GOD’S KINGDOM.
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV)
CUT ALL TIES WHICH HOLDS YOU BACK FROM FULLY RECEIVING GOD’S BEST FOR YOUR LIFE
2. GOD USES UNTIED PEOPLE TO UNTIE PEOPLE
Jesus said these words: The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord. Luke 4:18-19 (NKJV)
3. GOD HAS NEED OF YOU! WILL YOU SAY YES TO HIM?
God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty. 1 Corinthians 1:27 (KJV)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Do you believe that your life matters to God? What areas is He calling you to serve and are you being obedient that call?
2. Do you need to cut off ties in your life that is holding you back from fully receiving God’s best in your life? If so, share it with your group so they can pray for you.
3. “God uses untied people to untie people.” Share a life experience where you helped someone who was tied up and how you ministered to that person and untied them.
4. What does this scripture mean to you in 1 Corinthians 1:27? How can God use your weakness to give Him glory?