1. BLESSINGS FLOW IN PRIORITY; IT FLOWS DOWNWARD FROM GOD’S HOUSE TO YOUR HOUSE.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights. James 1:17 (NIV)
FIX YOUR FLOW
If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all His commands…the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come on you…if you obey the LORD your God. Deuteronomy 28:1-2 (NIV)
2. GOD IS PROVIDING, BUT YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK YOUR POCKET FOR HOLES.
He who earns, earns wages to put into a purse with holes. (Haggai 1:6 NASB)
With all the remnant of the people (they) obeyed the voice of the Lord their God…showed reverence (honor) for the Lord…they came and worked on the house of the Lord. Haggai 1:12-14 (NASB)
3) TITHING HELPS YOU TO GET A GRIP ON WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT
I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that I still possess.
~ Corrie Ten Boom (Holocaust Survivor)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Do you need to “Fix The Flow” of misplaced priorities in your life? Consider your top 4-5 priorities in life and ask God to make the necessary adjustments in order to put Him first.
2. “God is providing but you may want to check your pocket for holes”. What does this mean to you and how can you apply it to your life in the area of your finances and giving back to God?
3. How is God challenging you to help “Rebuild His House and shift from devotion to self towards devotion to God?” What practical ways can you serve the Lord with your gifts in church?
4. It was said that “Tithing is a demonstration of trust. It expresses my faith, it expresses my love, it expresses my obedience to do what He said to do. It is an act of worship. To bring back to God the first fruits of all that He's entrusted to me. It's the most spiritual thing I do.”
Share your heart with the group about what God is speaking to your life when it comes to tithing and pray for one another that your love, obedience and devotion to God would grow stronger.