Blessing From Others
1) POSITION YOURSELF TO RECEIVE!
“Then she arose with her daughters-in-law that she might return from the country of Moab, for she had heard in the country of Moab that the Lord had visited His people by giving them bread.”
Ruth 1:6 NKJV
“But Naomi said, ‘Turn back, my daughters; why will you go with me? Are there still sons in my womb, that they may be your husbands?'" Ruth 1:11 NKJV
2) IF YOU REJECT BLESSINGS FROM OTHERS, YOU REPEL THEIR BLESSINGS FROM GOD
“Then he said, ‘Blessed are you of the Lord, my daughter! For you have shown more kindness at the end than at the beginning, in that you did not go after young men, whether poor or rich. And now, my daughter, do not fear. I will do for you all that you request, for all the people of my town know that you are a virtuous woman.’”
Ruth 3:10 NKJV
3) SOMETIMES BLESSINGS FROM OTHERS DON'T FEEL GOOD...
“Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.”
Proverbs 12:1 NKJV
• ...SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE EITHER!
“When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, ‘Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.’”
Luke 5:4 NKJV
“And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking.”
Luke 5:6 NKJV
Victory Group Questions:
1) Is it easier for you to give or receive? Explain.
2) Can you recall a time where you had rejected somebody's blessing to you? Reflect on what may have prevented you from receiving.
3) How well do you receive correction?
4) What are effective ways to correct and hold each other accountable? Do you have an accountability partner?