Citizens & Tourists
“But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior.” Philippians 3:20 NKJV
1. WHEN YOU BECOME A CITIZEN OF HEAVEN, YOU BECOME A TOURIST ON EARTH!!
Citizen: (n) an inhabitant of a city or town; especially one entitled to the rights and privileges of a freeman
“Therefore, say to the people of Israel: ‘I am the Lord. I will free you from your oppression and will rescue you from your slavery in Egypt. I will redeem you with a powerful arm and great acts of judgment. I will claim you as my own people, and I will be your God.” Exodus 6:6-7 NLT
2. KINGDOM MENTALITY AFFECTS EARTHLY DECISIONS!!
“We are here for only a moment, visitors and strangers in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace.” 1 Chronicles 29:15 NLT
“They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth.” Philippians 3:19 NLT
3. YOUR IDENTIFICATION IS YOURS TO OWN!!
“But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;” 1 Peter 2:9 NKJV
Victory Group Questions:
1) What does it mean, to be a Citizen of Heaven?? What does it look like to be a Tourist on Earth??
2) Has the Kingdom mentality changed the way you live your life here on Earth?? If yes, in what ways?? If no, then why??
3) How would you minister to someone who is struggling with their Identity in Christ?? Explain.
4) Read Philippians 3:19. What are some “Appetites” that you have battled with?? Have you overcome it or are you still battling?? Share how you overcame it or have the group speak life into how to overcome it??