Courage to Rise Again
“But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and when he began to sink, he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out with His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?” Matthew 14:30-31 (NASB)
1. YOU NEED THE COURAGE TO CHOOSE TO RISE AGAIN.
COURAGE: The ability to do something that frightens you. Face your FEAR, don’t run from it, RISE from it.
“For though the righteous fall seven times, they RISE AGAIN, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.” Proverbs 24:16 (NIV)
“Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 (NASB)
2. THE COURAGE TO RISE AGAIN IS FOUND IN YOUR CONFIDENCE IN CHRIST.
“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36 (NIV)
3. THE COURAGE TO RISE AGAIN IS DETERMINED BY YOUR READINESS.
“For He taught His disciples and said to them, “The Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him. And after He is killed, He will rise the third day.” Mark 9:31 (NKJV)
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in RISING every time we fall.”
Victory Group Questions:
1. What area in your life is God asking you to be courageous and rise up in?
2. What are three things you can pin-point in your life that are holding you back from facing your fears today and why?
3. What was your biggest takeaway from this message and explain why?