COURAGE UNDER FIRE
1. TAKING A STAND IS COURAGE, CHOOSING NOT TO FIGHT IS FAITH!!
“Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, ‘O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty.” Daniel 3:16-17 NLT
2. COURAGE CAN BE FOUND IN CONFIDENCE!!
“When you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipes, and other musical instruments, bow to the ground to worship King Nebuchadnezzar’s gold statue.” Daniel 3:5 NLT
“Then the LORD God called to the man, ‘Where are you?” Genesis 3:9 NLT
3. SMALL VICTORIES SET YOU UP FOR BIG CHALLENGES!!
“But suddenly, Nebuchadnezzar jumped up in amazement and exclaimed to his advisers, ‘Didn’t we tie up three men and throw them into the furnace?’ ‘Yes, Your Majesty, we certainly did,’ they replied. ‘Look!’ Nebuchadnezzar shouted. ‘I see four men, unbound, walking around in the fire unharmed! And the fourth looks like a god!” Daniel 3:24-25 NLT
“My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” James 1:2-4 NKJV
Victory Group Questions
1) Have you ever been persecuted for your stance on God?? Did you stand courageous, or did you compromise?? Don’t be ashamed, explain.
2) What if I told you: “You couldn’t be killed!!”. How much more courage would you have?? How differently would you live your life??
3) Why is it important to know who you are and whose you are?? Why does the enemy like to attack our Identity?? How does Confidence play a factor in being courageous??
4) What are some of the “Small Victories” in your life?? Have you ever faced a Big Challenge and how did you fare?? Share and Pray for each other.