“If the axe is dull and he does not sharpen its edge, then he must exert more strength. Wisdom has the advantage of giving success.” (Ecclesiastes 10:10 NASB)
1. ASK GOD FOR “SPIRIT” WISDOM
“If any of you lacks wisdom (to guide him through a decision or circumstance), he is to ask of (our benevolent) God…” (James 1:5 AMP)
“…the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.” (James 3:17 ESV)
2. LISTEN TO THE “JETHROS” IN YOUR LIFE
“…Moses’ father-in-law (Jethro) said to him, ‘The thing that you do is not good. Both you and these people who are with you will surely wear yourselves out. For this thing is too much for you, you are not able to perform it by yourself. Listen now to my voice; I will give you council, and God will be with you.” (Exodus 18:17-19 NKJV)
3. DON’T TRY TO BE SOMEONE YOU’RE NOT
“…David said to Saul, ‘I cannot go with these, for I have not tested them.’ And David took them off.” (1 Samuel 39 NASB)
4. MAKE SMALL ADJUSTMENTS
“…speak to the rock before their eyes, that it may yield its water.” (Numbers 20:8 NASB)
1. In what areas of your life do you want to experience “easier living”?
2. What biblical actions steps will you take to experience “easier living”?
3. How will you apply what you have learned from this teaching to the area of your life that you indicated?