Eat Fresh Bread
“Give us this day our daily bread.” Matthew 6:11 NKJV
“Then Moses told them, ‘Do not keep any of it until morning.’ But some of them didn’t listen and kept some of it until morning. But by then it was full of maggots and had a terrible smell. Moses was very angry with them.” Exodus 16:19-20 NLT
1. KNOW WHAT YOU’RE PUTTING IN YOUR BODY!!
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” Hosea 4:6 NKJV
“Our fathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’ Then Jesus said to them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven.” John 6:31-32 NKJV
2. WHEN YOU START TO KNEAD THE DOUGH, YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH YOU NEED THE BREAD!!
“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:2 NKJV
“So when they measured it by omers, he who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack. Every man had gathered according to each one’s need.” Exodus 16:18 NKJV
3. FRESH BREAD FILLS YOUR HOME WITH THE SWEET AROMA OF LOVE!!
“Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2 NLT
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) Read Matthew 6:11. What does it mean to you?? What does that look like??
2) How often do you eat your “Daily Bread”?? (basically, how’s your alone time with God?? Journaling/Daily Devotions/Worship Time) Would you consider yourself spiritually healthy??
3) Walk us through your journaling process. (i.e. Do you randomly select a scripture?? Do you play background music?? Light candles?? etc.) What do you do??
4) What does it mean to be “Transformed by the renewing of your mind”?? Is application important?? Why??
5) Who would like to share their journal from today?? Share.