Expect New Releases
“Do not call to mind the former things, Or consider things of the past. Behold, I am going to do something new, Now it will spring up; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert…” Isaiah 43:18-19 NASB
1. IF YOU DON’T EXPECT IT, THEN YOU WON’T LOOK FOR IT!!
“My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him.” Psalm 62:5 NKJV
“This is what the Lord says: If you can break my covenant with the day and the night so that one does not follow the other, only then will my covenant with my servant David be broken.” Jeremiah 33:20-21 NLT
2. GET RID OF THAT “RE-RUN” MINDSET, AND “REPEAT” ATTITUDE!!
“And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the old skins would burst from the pressure, spilling the wine and ruining the skins. New wine is stored in new wineskins so that both are preserved.” Matthew 9:17 NLT
3. THE SIZE OF YOUR EXPECTATIONS DETERMINE THE SIZE OF GOD’S BLESSINGS!!
“Then the fire of the Lord fell and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood and the stones and the dust, and it licked up the water that was in the trench.” 1 Kings 18:38 NKJV
“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us…” Ephesians 3:20 NKJV
Victory Group Questions:
1) What “NEW” thing is God doing in your life?? Or is there a “NEW” season that God is taking you through right now?? How is it going??
2) Is there something or someone you are expecting in your life?? How are you looking for it/them?? (i.e., serving, joining victory groups, seeking counseling, etc.)
3) What are some “Old Wine Skins” that you are getting rid of?? (i.e., bad habits, addictions, people, etc.) and why??
4) How CONFIDENT are you in the Lord?? Does the size of your Expectation match the size of your Faith?? Has God ever exceeded your expectation??