“When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree
was desirable to make one wise, she took some of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband with
her, and he ate.”
Genesis 3:6 (NASB)
1. WHEN YOU ABIDE IN THE VINE, YOU FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE FRUIT!
“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can
you, unless you abide in Me.”
John 15:4 (NKJV)
“No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.”
2 Corinthians 11:14 (NASB)
2. YOU CAN’T ALWAYS CONTROL WHAT ENTERS YOUR EYES, BUT YOU CAN CONTROL WHAT ENTERTAINS YOUR MIND!
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may
discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Romans 12:2 (ESV)
“Turn my eyes away from looking at what is worthless, And revive me in Your ways.”
Psalm 119:37 (NASB)
3. IF YOU’RE ALWAYS FILLED, THEN YOU’RE LESS LIKELY TO BE FOOLED; BE FULL, NOT A FOOL!
“He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. Now when the tempter came to Him, he
said, ‘If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.’ But He answered and said, ‘It is
written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”
Matthew 4:2-3 (NKJV)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) Have you ever fallen victim to “Fatal Attraction” or an “Angel of Light"? Share your experience and the testimony that came out of it.
2) What are some things that you do to “Abide in the vine”? Is it effective? Why?
3) Read Psalm 119:37. What comes to your mind when you read this scripture? What are you looking at
that is “worthless”? Share.
4) What is one thing that you took away from this message? And how will you apply it to your life?